Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Well. Well, well, well.

So - my first long weekend in Glenrothes is over. I'm now on a train heading for York, and my eventual destination of Huddersfield, for a long-promised night of electoral geekery with GBS. I'm counting on a large Obama victory. Anything less will look suspiciously fixed.

So. a couple of random notes to start off with.

1) At first glance, Glenrothes seems to be a Lucky Strike free zone. This scares me, in a kind of "David Cameron might be the next PM" kind of way. By that I mean that, although I don't like it, I can't do much about it and, ultimately, I'll live.
2) Got told the worst about what to expect. Massively, completely, undersold. Great place, lovely people, marvellous family. I feel accepted. I had a LOT of fears: all based on previous experience, all unfounded.

I miss her already. I'm back tomorrow.

No comments: